Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fails

As you might have been able to infer from my lack of updates, I a little bit fell off the horse for like a week. Not coincidentally, that week was the first week of classes. I got a lot of free meals and basically just had very poor impulse control around dinnertime/at Kyle's in general. I kept track of about half the days totally, even though I was doing pretty badly. Oh well! The real test of whether a diet has become a lifestyle if if you can get back to it after setbacks. Tonight I "got back to it" by eating like a pound of Brie.

I also learned some things this week: Don't go to Kyle's over a mealtime without a plan. Don't eat tons of Doritos or Cheez-Its before bed or I'll get a stomachache. Eat in moderation (like, enough for the meal) even when free food is offered - there will be more food later or tomorrow if I'm hungry then. Chex Mix and ice cream are wonderful, but only in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment