Sunday, August 2, 2009
Mixed Success for "Spending Less" Juy
As a reminder, my budget allows for $150 on groceries and $75 on eating out per month. In July, I spent $197.47 on groceries and $64.80 on eating out. So out-and-out success for my eating out budget. I spent about $100 on groceries during July 1-30 and another $100 on the 31st. I basically replenished a lot of things I was running/had run out of, so that increased the bill a lot. I decided to get it all over with in one trip instead of spreading it out - olive oil, flour, cornstarch, mayo, mustard. Plus I bought a bunch of meat sort of on a whim (it was on sale) so that was expensive too - turkey cutlets, shrimp, crabmeat. So I forgive myself a little bit, it being the last day of the month and all. I guess I'll try to keep my grocery spending this month around $100 or less to make up for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment