It turns out that blog are not super-good accountability partners. Step up, y'all!
In the past few months I've put on weight and am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life! Kyle and I snacked our way through his stressful prelim preparation this fall, so he is at his lifetime heaviest as well. But this just makes me determined to see the best comeback ever. Now that I am engaged I actually have to take this seriously as I would like to look my best on my wedding day(s) and honeymoon. I think if I could get back to my summer 2008 weight of around 132 lbs that would be awesome, but it might be too ambitious for the four or so months I have until the wedding. I have looked back at those pictures though and liked the way I looked. I don't know what my weight is right now but I got a scale for Christmas so my first weigh-in is tomorrow. The scale also does body fat percentage and water percentage. I suspect I'll be around 160 lbs! But again, it just makes for a more impressive loss. :)
I did manage to keep my eating-out and grocery spending down. In the last few months I have been under or barely over my eating-out goal amounts and well below my grocery goal amounts.
Starting today I am counting calories, fat, and food group servings as best I can. I got a new cookbook for Christmas that I'm eager to try out. It seems like Kyle is on board as well with losing some weight. I am signed up for a pilates class this fall and in the week between now and when it starts I'd like to get used to working out again and try to build up some strength. I'm hesitant to make a workout goal for this semester before it even starts. An ambitious goal is six days per week but a more realistic (but still challenging) one may be four to five days per week - two for pilates and the rest for aerobics.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck! it sounds like you have a decent plan and some excitement to start off with. I don't know what cook book you got but I have one I like and lost all my goal weight this summer with it. Sadly I gained 16lbs in my first year of marriage. Someone told me it is called Happy weight, but it did not make me happy.
ReplyDeleteAnyway I stumbled onto this show on Lifetime. i don't know if it still is showing but you can view all the episodes on line as well as all the recipies. or you could spend $ and buy the book. I went with the low cost way. They basically revamped home/old fashioned favorites. Pretty much every recipe I tried was tasty, even Brian liked them. It really helped me to make better choices and look for tastey things that will keep me fuller, thus no snacking but regardless I was lean again by july. Just a few months I Had lost 11 pounds which was my goal.
here is the website if you want to check it out.
www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin.com
*My favorite recipies are the brownines, the pizza, mushroom spinach lasagna, and the meatloaf.
hope you are successful and feel good.
Thanks for the suggestion about the show on Lifetime! I think I'll try the spinach lasagna. Congratulations on meeting your weight-loss goal last summer.
ReplyDelete