Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cooking Marathon

The set of pots and pans in my apartment belongs to my roommate, who is moving out next weekend and planning on packing up her cooking stuff tomorrow. I decided to cook up a storm today so I can make it through the week using just the microwave and oven. I spent about seven hours grocery shopping and cooking!

first I boiled a whole box of whole-wheat spaghetti
next I made the interesting half of a spicy black beans, tomato, and rice dish that I like a lot and make often from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook (that Kyle got me for Christmas one year and is awesome)
what really took me the bulk of the time though was:
vegetable bean chili from my Weight Watchers cookbook
sweet potato and black bean burritos filling (no tortillas yet) from here

I watched like half a season of The Office while I cooked and cleaned. The weird thing that happens when I cook large portions, like for multiple meals, is that I usually don't get hungry. Today I ate breakfast, then around 4:00 PM I had another snack. After I finished all the cooking around 9:30 PM I told myself that I really should eat something, so I had one portion of the vegetable chili and some fruit. It's amounted to about 825 calories so far today. I will eat something more tonight before I go to bed because I'm going to work out tomorrow and I don't want to feel weak. It's just strange knowing that you should eat something and not really wanting to. I'm looking forward to having all the food I made today starting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment