the recipe (a similar one can be found here):
mix together 3 tbsp red wine vinegar, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp water (I forgot this ingredient!), 1 tbsp cornstarch (I substituted 2 tbsp flour), 1.5 tsp sugar
heat 1 tbsp oil (I used olive) in a wok/skillet and stir-fry 2 minced cloves of garlic briefly. add 2 cups broccoli florets, 1 cup bias-sliced carrots, and 1 sliced small onion, and stir-fry for 3 minutes. add 1 cup sliced mushrooms (I used 1 bell pepper) and stir fry 1-2 minutes or until the vegetables are crispy-tender.
take the vegetables out of the skillet and put in the sauce and bring it to a boil. put in 1 lb deshelled, deveined shrimp and stir-fry 3 minutes until shrimp are pink.
stir in the vegetables again and heat through.
makes 4 servings. mix 1 serving with half a cup of cooked brown rice.
For my recipe, I calculated that each serving has 328 calories and 6.7 grams of fat, and 1.125 oz of grains, 1.15 cups vegetables, and 4 oz meat. What a great meal!
No comments:
Post a Comment