Thursday, July 2, 2009

Starting Point

Welcome to my pounds-losing, dollars-increasing new blog! I feel that weight and money are linked to some extent – at least when I eat out a lot, I tend to gain weight and feel less healthy. In the last few months I’ve noticed my waistline expanding and my checking account shrinking and I’ve resolved to do something about it. This blog is going to track my weight loss as well as any other health and fitness measures I would like to add though a food and exercise log that I will post approximately weekly. More generally, it will be a place where I discuss the process – eating heathier/less, working out, cooking, spending less money eating out, grocery shopping, playing sports, online tools and calculators, and so on. But it will mostly serve as accountability for me during this process, as I haven’t invited any people into my life just yet to check up on and support me. So your comments and suggestions are very welcome. I occasionally documented my last (and quite successful, for a time) weight-loss journey on my other blog, but because I want to go absolutely OCD on the internet about this, I decided to separate the two.

My starting point:
I thought about posting a “before” picture, but that’s just, wow, way to personal and embarrassing. So I’m going to settle for some numbers that probably won’t mean much to anyone else but will serve as a characterization of my current status.
weight: I’m going to check this tomorrow morning on the scale I’ll be using most often, but I think I’m at about 155 lbs
measurements (inches) – these were literally taken with my construction tape measure instead of a sewing one, so they’re a little iffy!:
natural waist – 32.5 in.
waist – 36 in.
hips (widest part) – 42.5 in.
thigh – 25 in.
chest (sternum) – 35 in.
arm – 12 in.

What I think are reasonable weight goals for the start, based on the last time I did this:
August 1 – 145 lbs
September 1 – 140 lbs
November 15 – 130 lbs

And we’re off!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Emily! I need to do something like this to lose all this dang baby flab - and soon!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete