Friday, July 3, 2009

Fast Brunch

I'm late to work (sort of - I can't tell if it's a holiday) but I still wanted to make a decent filling lunch before going in. My philosophy is to hide vegetables inside other things, and that cheese makes everything better.

Broccoli cheese scrambled eggs (2 servings):
heat 1 tbsp olive oil
add 2 cloves galic
stir-fry 2 cups chopped broccoli
add 6 beaten eggs
cook until scrambled
add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
sprinkle on cayenne pepper
totals for one serving (pictured): 436.5 calories, 30.1 g fat, [FDA guidelines] 1 cup vegetables, 3/4 cup milk, 3 oz meat

When I cook, I tend to follow recipes to the T or just throw things together in a frying pan. Don't take this recipe for gospel or anything - it's just improvisation, and I'm not much of a cook!

I ate about 3/4 of the eggs before deciding I was full - learning to listen to my stomach! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment